At Lambley Primary School, our school motto is ‘Reach For The Stars’ and we use this to encourage our children to make the most of every opportunity and to strive to be the very best that they can be. Staff, Governors, Pupils and Parents have worked together to develop a shared vision for our school:
Lambley is a school where everyone strives to achieve their true potential. Through our central purpose of learning we are developing skills and characteristics needed for the world of work. Indeed, we are a community of lifelong learners preparing for ‘Life beyond Lambley’. We teach and celebrate vital skills such as readiness, respect and resilience. We admire teamwork and ensure all children value and promote our inclusive environment. We encourage all to become responsible and caring individuals who show respect and kindness to everyone.
At Lambley we nurture every child as an individual; providing opportunities within and beyond the curriculum for them to excel. We encourage all children to think for themselves, demonstrate independence and take ownership of their actions and behaviours. Throughout our school, high value is placed on everyone’s good behaviour and integrity. Together we ensure Lambley is a safe and happy place where each individual can thrive and where we take care of each other in ‘The Lambley Way.’
- To provide an inclusive, welcoming and safe environment in which every child is valued, cared for and supported.
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum that provides children with the best possible learning opportunities and experiences and enables them to enjoy their education and develop positive attitudes towards learning.
- To ensure that all children are able to realise their potential through high quality learning and teaching experiences that promote and value all achievement and raise self esteem.
- To inform and encourage all children to adopt a healthy lifestyle by promoting healthy eating, regular exercise and physical and mental well-being.
- To promote equality, respect and understanding and to provide opportunities for children to learn about and celebrate cultural diversity. (Please see our British Values statement).
- To develop an appreciation of the World in which we live and an awareness of our environment to encourage children to be responsible citizens of the future.
At Lambley Primary School, we all follow ‘The Lambley Way’ and involve pupils in a review of this on a regular basis. ‘The Lambley Way ‘compliments our school vision and is an important focus throughout school.